Do you have items you’ve been meaning to donate or clear out of your home? MARK YOUR CALENDARS for January 28, 2012 from 10 am – 2 pm! The National Association of Professional Organizers, Austin chapter, is having its 6th Annual Clear Your Clutter Day! New 2012 location: Bethany United Methodist Church, 10010 Anderson Mill Road, Austin, TX 78750.
Event Partners this year are: Austin Groups for the Elderly (AGE), Central Texas Secure Shredding, Dress for Success, Ecobox, HeliOS Project, Junk Busters USA, and Settlement Home.
The public is invited to drive by and drop off ONE CARLOAD PER HOUSEHOLD* of any of the following items at no charge:
• Up to 3 boxes of paper to be shredded
• Women’s new or gently used career clothing and accessories
• New or gently used shoes (men’s/women’s/children’s)
• Discarded flattened moving boxes
• Mobility assistance devices (wheelchairs, walkers, crutches, shower chairs, etc.)
• Used cell phones
• Discarded computers and electronics
• Useable unwanted items (furniture, books, clothes, rugs, art, etc.)
• Non-useable unwanted items (a/k/a JUNK)
• Flammable, corrosive, toxic, poisonous, reactive, or explosive materials (including paint and batteries) CANNOT BE ACCEPTED at this event. Visit the City of Austin or the City of Round Rock web sites for information on approved donation locations.
* Restricted to ONE carload per household due to capacity