IMPD Fall 2018 will be November 3rd – please consider coming out to help with park maintenance and beautification. It’s also a great way to get to know neighbors and explore the park and greenbelt!
1) Trash Cleanup throughout park and greenbelt to Mopac. If we have a really good turnout, we can go beyond Mopac along the creek and shared use path (NCWT)
2) Creekside Trail maintenance – remove/relocate fallen branches, move rocks off trail,spread straw and native seeds on the slope along the creekside trail.
3) Planted tree maintenance – weed, mulch, remove t-posts that have fallen, etc.
4) Poolhouse landscape maintenance – weed new plantings, replace/add a few plants, spread out leftover soil
5) Seed wildflowers/native grass in areas disturbed by trail work contractors
6) Patch small area of creekside trail near Duval
7) hand pull Johnson grass from the side of the NCWT trail near Mopac
Team leader needs
1) help guide folks to trash cleanup areas (need folks who are familiar with the trails in the park/greenbelt)
4) weeding & landscaping the pool entry area
5) restoring part of the wildflower area by Duval close to the bridge
7) pulling Johnsongrass along trail closer to Mopac
for 4 &7, the ability to identify weeds like nut grass, nandina and Johnsongrass is a plus – this is pretty easy and can be learned in 5 minutes
contact Erik Harris if interested!
Snacks will be provided. Gloves, supplies and tools provided by Austin Parks Foundation. Signing up also gets you a cool t-shirt!