Per Lynnette, our Styrofoam recycler:
I will take your styrofoam down to the recycle center. However, I only take styrofoam. Nothing else!
If you have something else, visit here: http://austintexas.gov/what-do-i-do#
Do not drop off these items
• Most importantly: THE CITY DOES NOT TAKE PEANUTS! The UPS Store does.
• No Hazardous Materials
• No other packing materials: sponge foam, ice packs, bubble wrap, air pillows, anything sealed inside a different material or container
• No Trash!
What Styrofoam items can be recycled?
ALL CLEAN & DRY – Raw meat/poultry/seafood trays, egg cartons, take-outs, drink cups, food containers. Packing forms & supports, all sizes. Coolers, cold-pack mailing boxes.
NEST similar shapes, tuck them inside each other. Ex: egg cartons, cups, take-out plates, etc. This saves space and fewer trips saves gasoline.
• must be CLEAN. NO FOOD OR GREASE OR TRASH OF ANY TYPE
• COMPLETELY DRY
• FREE OF ANY ATTACHMENTS THAT ARE NOT STYROFOAM. i.e.: tape, wood, metal, wire, drywall, plastic, foam core (poster board), all types of sponge, paper, plastic wrappers, cardboard, string, concrete, all types of tape, etc.
• EVERY. ITEM. MUST BE IN A CLEAR PLASTIC BAG. Fully enclosed. Even big coolers. If it doesn’t fit entirely into your bag, get a bigger bag or break/cut it up. HEB has 20-count boxes, 30 gal size. Costco has 200-count cartons, 33 gal size. Bags are on her porch.
• NO BLACK BAGS. NO paper bags. I inspect the contents of each bag so they must be clear.
YES, there are a lot of requirements and this may be more effort than you want to spend on styrofoam.
But Please respect my efforts. Don’t bring items that don’t meet all my requirements.
Thank you to all my supporters! I am proud to live in a community that values protecting the environment. If your neighbors want to bring their’s too, have them contact me directly or provide them with my requirements before they come.
Deliver to my front porch on Trianon – near Duval and Amherst, 3 big trees out front. For safety, please email MNA for exact address. milwoodna1 (at) gmail.com
Deliver any time – 24 hrs, 7 days, 52 weeks per year. No appointment or advance notice needed. I leave the light on.
**PUT ONE CHECK MARK ON THE CLIPBOARD by my door every time you deliver. The city asks me to keep track. Just one check mark for each visit, not the number of bags.
Mother Earth, Our Children & I thank you. Questions? milwoodna1 (at) gmail.com
Volunteer delivery drivers to the recycle center are appreciated! Even one load, really helps.
City of Austin Recycle & Reuse Drop-Off Center:
2514 Business Center Dr, Austin, 78744
Hours: Mon-Fri 9AM to 5PM Sat-7AM to noon