Milwood Neighborhood’s General Meeting – Tues, Oct 17th, 7:00pm at Milwood Library (Adelphi & Amherst)
Please join MNA for Prizes, News, Issues, & Events regarding our neighborhood as well as some neighborly socializing! If you would like to input an agenda item or join the board please email email@example.com.
We will also be accepting MNA Member Dues, which are $15 per year, but it is not a requirement to join the meeting, only to vote & receive other benefits.
We will also have heavily discounted Radon Tests available at $5 each.
Renters & Owners alike are welcome.
Don’t Miss Milwood’s Garage Sale on Saturday, October 14th! It’s a GREAT time to find some wonderful treasurers at the best prices from your neighbors!
Current List of Homes & Map (Addresses and map deleted after event.):
Don’t Miss Milwood’s Garage Sale on Saturday, October 14th, 2017!
It’s a GREAT time to clean out your closets and make some cash! Also mark your calendars so you can find some wonderful treasurers at the best prices from your neighbors!
Sign-up your garage sale HERE. It is easy and free to MNA Members (which is $15 annual dues, join any time online) or $5 for those who do not want to become current on their dues but want to be included. Pay $15 or $5 online anytime here to be listed. It’s quick and secure.
Click Here for a Current List of Homes & a Map
Mark Your Calendars! We hope you can join us to meet some neighbors and discuss our neighborhood moving forward from changes to concerns AND a chance to WIN some great Raffle Prizes! Click here for Agenda.
It’s Back! Free Yoga in the Park! Every Saturday for the rest of October. The class runs from 9am-10am, and is being offered by CorePower Yoga. Like and Share!
*Simply bring a yoga mat and water if desired. The class takes place in the wooded area near the basketball court.
To join the Facebook event – click here
Want to help beautify Balcones Park and get some exercise and fresh air? Please mark your calendars to help out! Here are details for what we plan to accomplish:
1) Trash Cleanup throughout park and greenbelt to Mopac. If we have a really good turnout, we can go beyond Mopac along the creek and shared use path (NCWT). Trash bags and gloves will be provided.
2) Block eroding informal trails using limbs from trees that came down during Harvey. We have 6 “Restoration in progress” signs from the City (Watershed Protection) to put up to reinforce the trail closures.
3) Remove rocks from creekside trail where we left off last spring. (This is a commitment we made as part of the NPP Creekside Trail repair grant). This will involve some heavy lifting so wear sturdy shoes and prepare to work!
4) Planted tree maintenance – mulch trees, weed, remove t-posts that have fallen, etc. With a little help these trees will grow to provide shade, wildlife habitat and scenery for everyone’s enjoyment – plus it is great exercise!
5) Replace washer pit border that was damaged last summer (run over by truck).
6) Reclaim gravel that has migrated from the playscape
Please consider donating a few hours to your park! Healthy snacks will be provided. Gloves provided and signing up also gets you a cool t-shirt!
Sign up HERE !
This year, National Night Out is Tuesday, Oct. 3, 2017, from 6 to 9 pm
National Night Out is a great opportunity to strengthen our neighborhood spirit and police/community relationships. It is also a great chance to get to know your neighbors better and share contact info. in case you should ever need it!
National Night Out is designed to:
– Heighten crime and drug prevention awareness
– Strengthen neighborhood spirit and police community relations
– Let criminals know that neighborhoods are organized and fighting back
So on Tues. Oct 3rd, please turn on your porch lights, lock your doors and spend the evening outside with your neighbors, police officers, firefighters and EMS paramedics.
Also consider printing out a few of the below “5’s Sheets” to help neighbors share contact information with each.
The Fives & Safety Tips
Do Your Five
Thanks to all the hosts and participants! We had a great showing this year!
List & Map of Neighborhood Block Parties was removed after events.